Mthimkhulu Village Centre in Kleinmond were gracious enough to allow us to use their facilities for the latest WordPress Training Course using Divi Theme. This course is for people who have no, or limited knowledge, of WordPress. It’s a WordPress crash course to build up your confidence to use WordPress. Once you have completed the course, you will be able to create your own website using WordPress using the Divi theme.
Note that we use the self-hosted version of WordPress.
Who will be doing the training?
Your trainer is a qualified programmer, with 14 years of experience in creating websites, web hosting and programming. He has also created custom WordPress plugins and applications.
Introduction to WordPress, using Divi Theme ( Content Management System)
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic Internet Skills
What is covered in the course?
The whole course is based on spending as much time as possible on actually using WordPress. Participants will learn how to build a simple WordPress website step by step, using Divi theme. We create a Home, About Us, Staff and Contact page. On every page we demonstrate different things that you can do with WordPress.
- Creating a Home Page – Covers entering text into the web page.
- Creating a About Us Page – Add a photo into the web page. Cropping the photo.
- Creating a Staff Page – Covers adding a gallery into the web page.
- Creating a Blog Page – Basic blog adding, editing and managing.
- Creating a Contact Page – Covers adding a web contact form on the web page with captcha code.
We also make clients aware of other more advanced functions that WordPress offers (not covered in detail) like Web Security, creating a Mobile Website and Search Engine Optimisation.